Unable to update or add gadgets to dashboard

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

We merged two instaces of JIRA and now a user who had his data imported into the new instance repors that he is unable to modify or ad gadgets to one of the dasboards that he owns.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

Hi Michelle,

Normally a user can only modify the dashboard that the user owns, and will not have the ability to modify the dashboard which belongs to other user. Hence, I think that somehow the ownership of the dashboard is of another user instead.

Anyway, more information that we would like to gather:
- Was the dashboard migrated from another instance?
- If yes, then did the user exists under a different username in the previous JIRA instance?

And also, I think it should be possible for you to check which dashboard is owned by which user. You can try to go to Administration > Shared Dashboard, search for the dashboard in question. If you can find the dashboard, it should be possible for you to check the owner of the dashboard, and you can also change the dashboard ownership.

I hope that this will help.

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Thanks yes the dasboard was migrated for another instance however the user name was the same in both instances. He was able to do a workaround by coping the dashboard then making the changes and then he shared it out again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events