Unable to transition tasks in Greenhopper

Nick Davies July 8, 2012

Hi

As of today I'm not able to transition any tasks from Open to In Progress or Done by dragging them from column to column on the task board. I do appear to be able to 'Start Progress' and ;'Resolve' tasks when viewing the issue in Jira tho,

The screen simply hangs when trying to do this, but was working fine at the end of last week.

I was using a custom workflow scheme but I've switched back to the default and the issue is still occuring

Thanks

6 answers

4 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2012

This is a new bug with GreenHopper brought in with the upgrade that went out over July 8/9, 2012. The bug is filed here:

It contains a number of workarounds, most notably submitting a support request will prompt a support engineer to upgrade your GreenHopper to a fixed version (no down-time necessary).

The next upgrade (this coming weekend) will include this fix for everyone.

0 votes
Robert Matthews August 19, 2013

We are seeing just the opposite issue. Individual issues will not transition from the Summary screen, but will if the issue is in greenhopper and transitioned via the gear icon. Alternately, showing the issue in a Issue Navigator results screen transition works via the gear icon.

0 votes
Martin Johannesen July 9, 2012

Also seeing this issue, haven't changed anything in the setup.

0 votes
Jon_Woschanko July 9, 2012

We're seeing the same symptoms on our (OnDemand) version of Greenhopper as well.

Started at about 9:00am EST.

0 votes
Chris Geer July 9, 2012

Nic, we are having the same problem. Just started with this latest update. Can transition from inside the Jira edit screen but Task board just puts up the spinny thing and never finished.

Martin Scott July 9, 2012

I'm also seeing this behaviour suddenly manifest on 9th July.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2012

Sounds like your group membership or roles have been changed. Check the workflow conditions and whether your account still matches those.

Nick Davies July 8, 2012

Thanks Nic, am pretty sure everything is as it was, it's not that I'm being given an error that I can't perform the action, it's that the screen simply hangs with the spinner spinning around indefinitely.

Actually transitioning issues in different ways (e.g by pressing 'Start Progress' from within the issue itself) seems to be fine so am guessing the permissions are ok, it's just something about trying to transition from the Task Board screen that seems broken.

Suggest an answer