Unable to set customfield value when creating issue via REST

Blake Jones July 3, 2017

Hello, we have an integratino using REST that creates issues in our JIRA Software instance. We have it 99% working, but have run into a strange issue with a just a single customfield (customfield_10702), which is a mutli-line text field

When updating an existing issue, we are able to update the field no problem.

However, if we try to set the customfield_10702 value at the time of creation, we get an ""errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10702":"Operation value must be a string"}" error from JIRA. 

The structure of the data for both the update (working) and create (not working) messages to Boomi are identical and are both strings. I've validated that issues can be created by the integration user id with this field populated on the create screen in JIRA, so it is not a workflow or permissions issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Blake Jones 

Did you manage to solve this problem? If not, can you please post your code as well as inform me if you are still getting the same error? Also, could you please tell me if you are using the cloud or server version of Jira?

Suggest an answer