Unable to see workflow step in issue view screen

Ryan Peterson December 13, 2012

I've created a new workflow and workflow scheme that I've assigned to my project. In this new workflow, I've added a Verified step that has an incoming transition from Resolved and an outgoing transition to Closed. I also deleted the transition from Resolved to Closed. So when an issue is in a Resolved state I should see a Verify Issue button on the View Issue screen. This is not the case however. I still see the Close Issue button and I am able to use it violating the workflow transitions. I clicked on the View Workflow link on the view issue screen and verified that it is in fact associated with the right workflow.

I would expect that when an issue is in Resolved status I would NOT see the Close Issue button, but would instead see the Verify Issue button.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Peterson December 13, 2012

Verified issue type is mapped to the workflow scheme, yes. Verified that the scheme is associated with the project, yes.

Integrity checker reports no errors.

Created a new issue, marked resolved, same behavior...shows Close Issue and Reopen Issue button, no Verify Issue button (also does not show in the Workflow drop down, that's disabled as Close and ReOpen are all that it thinks is available).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2012

Really does sound like your workflow is still the old one. Were you working on a draft that you have not yet published?

Ryan Peterson December 14, 2012

No, I even went back to workflow edit and clicked on Publish Draft again. It confirmed with Workflow Active. Still, the Close Issue button is there, but the Verify Issue is not. Clicking on the "View Workflow" on that issue highlights "Resolved" which is the current state that it is in and even shows the transition arrow to "Verify Issue" which should be next.

Ryan Peterson December 14, 2012

I just deleted the entire workflow and the scheme after dis-associating it with the project. Started from scratch and this time used the text editor rather than the graphical editor to add the transitions. It appears to be working now.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2012

The missing "verify" and remaining "close" transitions are clearly telling you that the issue is still using the old workflow, despite what the "view workflow" link is saying.

I would

1. Check the workflow scheme does what you think (mapping that issue type to the new workflow) and that it is definitely associated with the project.
  2. Try the integrity checker
  3. Check what happens when you create and transition a new issue of that type - does it show the same behaviour?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events