Unable to resolve imports in IntelliJ Idea

Ivana Navratilova July 11, 2017

Hello, I'm trying to start developing plugins for JIRA. I have followed awesome tutorial by Melissa Paisley (Tutorial, Bitbucket - I am trying it on a fresh code from here) and everything seems to be working fine apart one thing - when I take the project and open it in Idea, it shows it cannot resolve imports used in the tutorial.

import com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException;
import com.atlassian.plugin.web.ContextProvider;
import com.atlassian.webresource.api.assembler.PageBuilderService;

When I run atlas-run or package, it compiles fine, even when run from terminal within Intellij Idea. It seems that Idea has some problem with Maven dependencies, but I wasn't able to figure out how to set it up correctly.

I tried uncommenting the jira-core dependency in pom.xml, but it didn't help at all.

Is there some special way to import the project into Idea that would fix this issue? (I did import project through pom.xml). Or maybe adding some dependency manually inside Idea project?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert July 25, 2017
Ivana Navratilova August 8, 2017

Thank you, that seems to work.

0 votes
Robert August 16, 2017

The recommended way is to use the Maven instance installed with the SDK. If you want to use your Maven instance, your have to add the the atlassian maven repository, like described, and the atlassian maven plugin repositories:

https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/advanced-topics/working-with-maven/verifying-your-maven-settings

Suggest an answer