Unable to render pie chart using Pocket Query

Dan Bishop May 13, 2016

Hello,

I'm using Confluence 5.5.3 and PocketQuery 2.0.7

Issue:

I'm trying to render a simple pie chart but receiving error: "Pie chart should have a first column of type string."

We have a number of software releases that vary in their lifecycle status. i.e. Design, Implementation, Testing... and I'd like to produce a simple pie chart with an overview of how many releases we have in each status.

Here's my query:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS "Lifecycle Totals", [Lifecycle Status]
FROM Versions
GROUP BY [Lifecycle Status];

Here's my template:

-------------------------------------------

<script>
PocketQuery.chart('PieChart', {
  title: 'Software Lifecycles by Status',
  pieHole: 0.2
});
</script>
-------------------------------------------

When I test the query results using the default template it renders the table correctly:

Lifecycle StatusLifecycle Totals
Design12
Implementation23
Testing16

However, when I select the pie chart template using the same query it returns the error: "Pie chart should have a first column of type string."

I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing here... Would anyone be able to provide some guidance?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your interest in PocketQuery! There is one requirement for a pie chart to work properly: the first column must be a string and the second one must be a number. While in your default result this looks correct, in your query the number is the first column. I'm wondering why the number column is the second in the default result and the string is the first. Did you try switching the order in the select clause?

SELECT [Lifecycle Status], COUNT(*) AS "Lifecycle Totals"
FROM Versions
GROUP BY [Lifecycle Status];

Regards, Felix (Scandio)

Dan Bishop May 18, 2016

Hi Felix,

Yes, I switched the order in the SELECT clause and the pie chart renders correctly. Thank you very much for your response!

Thanks!

P.S. This is a great add-on and I've left a review on the marketplace.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

I saw it! Thank you for the great review! smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events