Unable to move Bug on GreenHopper planning board, from unscheduled, into a Version

J Larkin August 28, 2012

I am trying to move an issue (various types) from GreenHopper planning board 'Unscheduled', into a version already containing some items in various stages.

I am now getting an error for all attempts, ERROR: Unable to update the issue.

If i select an issue and edit in Jira, and set 'Fix version/s' to the desired version, the move is OK, and teh issue now shows against that version on the greenhopper planning and task boards.

I configured a new workflow with new statuses and transitions in order to have our GreenHopper board as we wanted. After that i was able to move items already in that version, across the board, but it seems i cannot add new items to the version by dragging on the planning board.

This may be a red-herring or may be related..

I have checked the workflow and permissions and everything looks ok.

Any help much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

I hope you already found a solution for that, otherwise, I think you might want to contact support so you can show screenshots. I think it may depend on the GH version, too.

support.atlassian.com should solve your problem.

I'm not sure how you drag-and-drop an issues to a new version in Planning Board, are you editing the FixVersion on the card like described here? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Classic+Planning+Board#UsingtheClassicPlanningBoard-PlanningBoard—Issues

I think you should...

Suggest an answer