Unable to move Bug on GreenHopper planning board, from unscheduled, into a Version

I am trying to move an issue (various types) from GreenHopper planning board 'Unscheduled', into a version already containing some items in various stages.

I am now getting an error for all attempts, ERROR: Unable to update the issue.

If i select an issue and edit in Jira, and set 'Fix version/s' to the desired version, the move is OK, and teh issue now shows against that version on the greenhopper planning and task boards.

I configured a new workflow with new statuses and transitions in order to have our GreenHopper board as we wanted. After that i was able to move items already in that version, across the board, but it seems i cannot add new items to the version by dragging on the planning board.

This may be a red-herring or may be related..

I have checked the workflow and permissions and everything looks ok.

Any help much appreciated.

1 answer

I hope you already found a solution for that, otherwise, I think you might want to contact support so you can show screenshots. I think it may depend on the GH version, too.

support.atlassian.com should solve your problem.

I'm not sure how you drag-and-drop an issues to a new version in Planning Board, are you editing the FixVersion on the card like described here? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Classic+Planning+Board#UsingtheClassicPlanningBoard-PlanningBoard—Issues

I think you should...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

132 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you