Unable to enable GreenHopper plugin - This plugin failed to enable. Your license may be invalid. Please refer to the logs for more information.

stephen walcott September 18, 2012

This plugin failed to enable. Your license may be invalid. Please refer to the logs for more information.

My license is new, it shows valid on the description.

The type matches my Jira license (10 user starter)

I've restarted Jira and uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin without success.

Jira 5.1.4

Greenhopper 6.0.3

The plugin log doesn't have any useful information:

Failed to enable plugin Atlassian GreenHopper (com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira)

(Are there more detailed logs for this somewhere?)

2012-09-19 16:26:15,850 http-8080-3 ERROR stephen_walcott [masked] /rest/plugins/1.0/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'gh.my.jira.home.disablement.ondemand' of plugin 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira'. Disabling.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to enable web fragment
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.descriptors.AbstractWebFragmentModuleDescriptor.enabled(AbstractWebFragmentModuleDescriptor.java:133)
(lots more you probably don't need)
(last item in stack):
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot autowire object because the Spring context is unavailable. Ensure your OSGi bundle contains the 'Spring-Context' header.

Catalina[date].log shows:
WARNING: A servlet POST request, to the URI http://[my_public_ip]:8080/rest/gadget/1.0/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.
Sep 19, 2012 4:16:29 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent filterFormParameters

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2012

After taking a look at the logs, the heart of this issue looked to be a permission error.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /prg/application-data/atlassian/jira/log/atlassian-greenhopper.log (Permission denied)

This was caused by a start of JIRA using then root user then another user. The root user created the files so the other user did not have permissions.
0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

Hello Stephen,

What is the version of Java are you running? This is error commonly happens when you're running JIRA over Java 1.5, which is not supported, instead of Java 1.6. Please confirm whether you can install the proper Java version and point your JIRA to use this JVM.

Cheers!

stephen walcott September 19, 2012

Actually I had installed Java1.7 but 1.6 was still being referenced by JIRA. The problem turned out to be insufficient permissions to the "[$JAVA_HOME]/log/" directory.

However, upgrading java seems ineffectual without altering a couple of SH files. It doesn't recognize a defined $JAVA_HOME variable.. it replaces it regardless.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events