Unable to download anything from the Atlassian download area

Peter Zejda October 7, 2012

I am not able to download any trial software from the Atlassian downloads area (http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download). I have been trying to download Windows versions of both JIRA and Confluence. I have tried downloading various version, but none work. I have also tried using both Firefox (v15) and Internet Explorer (v9). Is there something wrong with the download site?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Zejda October 13, 2012

Per Atlassian, the download site is "working as designed". That is, the download is "happening", but it doesn't give any indication that the download is actually going on. For a typical download via the Internet, the browser prompts the user for where he/she would like the download saved, or at least pops up a window (in the case of Firefox) showing that the download is happening. This is not the case with the Atlassian download site. Furthermore, since some of the downloads are quite large (eg. 150MB), and it may be a while before the download completes, it actually looks as though nothing is happening.

I would recommend the download mechanism be changed to something more standard, so the user knows the download is happening/working.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

I doubt the download site is broken, it's run by Edgecast and it's 100% rock solid

I suspect your looking at a local problem to you. As Andy said..."What error do you see"

Can you downoad anything else?

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

p.s. worksforme2(tm)

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

worksforme(tm). What error do you see?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events