Unable to delete a team in Tempo

Jochen Kranzer April 6, 2017

Screenshot_2.png

The Delete Button shows no effect.

The Teams i want to delete are empty and unused. I tried it several browsers.

What can i do to delete a Tempo team?

7 answers

1 vote
Mike Kondrashin January 24, 2019

Any update? Is anyone from Tempo team actually checking on this? 

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

Hi - I just tested this in my QA environment. I was able to successfully delete a team. I had to remove the links to all projects and boards first, then it allowed me to delete. Have you removed linked projects and boards and still not able to delete?

Hi @Jan The issue is specific to certain teams. I can delete others just fine. The steps are the same as reported earlier:

I have a similar issue, except that I get a dialog box that reads:

"There are projects, boards and/or issues linked to this team"

"Projects/Boards (1)"

If you click on the "1" in Projects/Boards it takes you to the Tempo Team configuration.  There are no issues, boards, or projects associated with the team.

If i add an actual project or a board to this team - the number changes to 2. If i delete it, it changes back to one, while there are 0 boards or projects on the team configuration page. So I imagine that somehow some teams have an orphaned entry in the DB.

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

example.png

@Jan thanks, but as I mentioned there is nothing on Team configuration page. Please see screenshots of each step I take: 

1. Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 15.56.56.png

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 15.57.01.png

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 15.57.08.png

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2019

@Mike Kondrashin Okay. I think our replies were overlapping.

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_Are you able to assist with this issue?

1 vote
Andreas Illmer October 19, 2018

I've got the same problem. Can't delete the Team, as Tempo believes it is still used … which  is basically wrong …

If anybody has an idea where to start solving this, I'd be very glad.

dliska December 5, 2018

I have a similar issue, except that I get a dialog box that reads:

"There are projects, boards and/or issues linked to this team"

"Projects/Boards (1)"

If you click on the "1" in Projects/Boards it takes you to the Tempo Team configuration.  There are no issues, boards, or projects associated with the team.

0 votes
Divya TV December 3, 2021

If you remove all the members in the team and remove all project or board links, then delete works. If not even on Jira 8.13 and tempo 15.0 delete button doesn't do anything. They could throw an error asking users to remove before deleting.

0 votes
秦良 December 30, 2019

I also ran into the problem of not being able to delete
Please tell me how to delete in the database

秦良 January 2, 2020

done

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

delete from AO_AEFED0_TEAM_V2 where id = xx;

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2019

Hi all, 

It might be useful to create tickets for this problem in our Tempo support (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) as in some cases, this might be caused by missing permissions or boards/ projects that were deleted before they were un-linked from the Team.

There is no "general" solution to this problem and there is a difference if you are using the Server or Cloud version.

Regards, 
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Mike Kondrashin January 25, 2019

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ created TCS-7395

Like # people like this
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2019

Thank you

Regards,

Susanne

Robb F_ Watkins March 7, 2019

Any news here?  Seems to still be an issue in the newest version.

Thanks

Robb

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2019

Hi @Robb F_ Watkins ,

As mentioned earlier, there is no general solution for this.

There was a bug that has been fixed some time ago, where Team links were not correctly removed when a Board/ Project was deleted. The fix prevents this problem to occur, but does not fix the problem for Board / Projects that were deleted before the fix was released.

In case you are using the Cloud version, the link has to be removed from your database by the Tempo development team. 

If you are using the Server version, you will need to check the ID of the Team you need to delete in your database (AO_AEFED0_TEAM_V2) and then check the Links that are listed for this team (AO_AEFED0_TEAM_LINK). If there are still links listed for the Team ( even if there are none shown in the UI) the links will need to be removed manually.

Regards,

Susanne 

Like # people like this
CJ Edwards June 18, 2019

Thanks for this information! 

0 votes
Mike Kondrashin January 16, 2019

Same problem!

0 votes
Clancy Fort October 22, 2018

Same Problem

Suggest an answer