Unable to create a Connection to ZenDesk: Authentication failure.

Ken Roberts February 7, 2012

Hi,

I'm using hosted Jira and hosted Zendesk. I'm still in the trial period if that matters.

I'm using the documentation here for configuration: https://support.zendesk.com/entries/20560907-zendesk-for-jira-getting-started

I skip the first part because this is hosted Jira and the connector already exists.

When I try to make a connection, the images and feature names in the documentation don't coincide with the real screens I see. I made a Connection using several mechanisms and they all failed:

1. jira@mycompany.com/token
  2. <li>jira@mycompany.com (password)
  3. me@mycompany.com/token
  4. <li>me@mycompany.com (password)

They all fail when I push the "test" link from the connections list:

Failed to establish connection to remote system
Authentication failed, please check your authentication details and try again.

The credentials I use will get me into Zendesk.

Is the plugin recently updated and incompatible somehow? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Steve Rogers July 7, 2012

Having the exact same issue-cannot set up ticket sharing. Should I send a support ticket?

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2012

I found your ticket while searching for something similar...sorry I didn't spot it a while back. The Zendesk connector that comes with OnDemand is current and has been working great. The steps you took all sound correct. So...if you are still having this problem, or someone else comes across this issue later on, best to open a support request and let us track down what the problem is on your instance.

mike viles June 18, 2012

I am also having this problem. Is there a fix or better instructions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events