UWC not converting

I am trying to migrate all of our TWiki content to confluence using the UWC (Universal Wiki Converter).

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.uwc

But i keep getting the following error

REMOTE_API_ERROR: Could not transform wiki content in page: '<page-name>' from markup to xhtml.

I have looked for an answer on forums, i have also following the documentation but it doesnt seem to be getting me anywhere.

A lot of the pages transfer over with no problems but for about 40-45% of them i get this error in the log file and they are unreadable when uploaded to confluence.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

i had the same problem when trying to import pages from pmwiki.

I had a look in the confluence-logfile where its said:

The macro ' ... %3cdo Something with the DB> return ... ' is unknown.

It turned out that confluence had a problem with code-snippets in my pages. it tries to interpret every curly-bracket as a confluence-marco - and there are a lot of curly-brackets in java-code ;-)

i replaced every { with [ and every } with ], after that the import worked.

Thanks this does work, i tested it on a few pages but i dont think this is a solution for me as i cant do this throughout TWiki as its a rather large space as its been with the company for 7 years or so so its rather large. i think im going to have to pick what comes over and what gets archived.

chrisi: Glad you posted this -- I've been left with a pile of steaming Atlassian in my lap that needs maintenance on short notice, and this was precisely the thing I needed to know that I wasn't motivated enough to discover on my own.

Brian Mitchell: This is precisely what tools like sed are for.

Well - I had the same error, and there were "<" and ">" Symbols in my TWiki content, which I changed all to "(" and ")". Then I was able to import the TWiki pages.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for t...

155 views 9 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you