Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWC crashes while importing large number of files

Shivansh Singh August 21, 2011

I have exported Mediawiki pages into text files using UWC. Those are approx 1000 files. When I try to add large number of files (say 500 or more) and import, it crashes in the middle of parsing or importing the files.

2 answers

1 vote
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

Yeah its out of memory error.

I would recommend allocating more memory to whichever process (UWC or Confluence) is having the out of memory error.

As an aside, I've noticed sometimes people hit unusual out of memory errors when they are accidentally attempting to upload binary files (images, zips, archives) as if they were pages. You may want to double check the files in question that are triggering the errors.

0 votes
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

Are you getting out of memory errors? Or is there a particular file that's causing the failure?

Shivansh Singh September 19, 2011

Yeah its out of memory error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events