URL not correct on page save

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Hello,

I'm running download 4.3.7.

I have a page where the URL changes when I save it. The page uses the HTML macro but otherwise there's very little other content and all of it is quite normal. One of my colleagues recently updated the page and told me:

"It has a mix - it has HTML (in various HTML macros) and then it has JavaScript, included via HTML (incidentally in a separate HTML macro, for neatness) referring to a JS only file attached to the page."

However, this problem was happening before he did his thing, so his work isn't the cause.

This is how the URL should read:

• ourconfluence.com/display/RTM/Converter+Thing+and+Colour+Charts

However, if you edit the page in Chrome and then save it (or just cancel it), you get this instead:

• data:text/html,<p></p>

Also, there is no content visible, the page is completely blank.

The only cure for this is to go back through the browse history by two pages. When you do this the URL is correct. Not only that, but the contents of the page have the edits you just made. So they are being saved despite the funny URL and the blank page.

None of this happens in IE or FireFox, which work as expected, and I've never seen this anywhere else in our wiki.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
Zubin Irani October 25, 2013

Hi Mick,

Looks like this is a known issue, reported here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27287.

You can add yourself as a watcher and can vote for the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events