Turning off "Notify watchers" does not work?

Hi,

We are trying to reduce the amount of unecessary notifications when the team is getting more and more mature on using Confluence.

So I have asked them to be more aware of the Notify watchers checkbox, turning this off when they are not making notifyable changes. But it seems as this doesn't work as expected. Even when turning off the checkbox, all watchers gets a notification.

Is it a bug, or is there something we are overlooking?

Regards,

Christian Willoch

Oslo, Norway

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Nov 29, 2012

Hi Christian, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Answering to your question, I don't believe this is a bug, at least not one that I'm aware of. I'm not sure if this is still happening, seeing the date you've commented here. If so, would you mind to create a ticket at support.atlassian.com so that we can further investigate what's happening? Also, is your instance hosted locally (BTF) or is a OnDemand instance?

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

26 views 0 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you