Trying to update 3.5.3 to 4.3.2 using .bin installer - Getting following error message: /jre/bin/java: Cannot execute

Ryan Melissari November 13, 2012

This is on a Solaris 10 zone that is currently running a 3.5.3 confluence development licensed wiki. I was trying to use the .bin installer, but it is coming back with the following error message:

./atlassian-confluence-4.3.2-x64.bin: /home/confluence/atlassian-confluence-4.3.2-x64.bin.6544.dir/jre/bin/java: cannot execute

After a google search, I found that this comes up when trying to use the incorrect installer, so I went ahead and downloaded the 32bit installer, but was meet with the same error:

./atlassian-confluence-4.3.2-x32.bin: /home/confluence/atlassian-confluence-4.3.2-x32.bin.6505.dir/jre/bin/java: cannot execute

Are there any installation log files this program would generate that would give a more useful description of the problem? Below is some other information that may prove useful:

$ java -version

java version 1.6.0_33

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_33-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)

$ export |grep JAVA

declare -x JAVA_HOME=/usr/java

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Hi Ryan!

It seems that the problem might be related to permissions on your Solaris. Check if the user running Confluence has the proper permissions to do so.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events