Trying to setup SSL on JIRA, Cannot run config.sh (JIRA configuration tool)

jbisson October 9, 2012

When I try to run config.sh, I'm getting a NPE.... (See bellow).

Is there a config file that I can set manually instead of running the config jira configuration tool so I can put all that I need there...

thanks.

Loading application properties from /usr/home/jira/atlassian-jira-5.0.7-standalone/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.config.SettingsLoader.loadDbConfig(SettingsLoader.java:348)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.config.SettingsLoader.loadDbConfig(SettingsLoader.java:330)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.config.SettingsLoader.loadCurrentSettings(SettingsLoader.java:52)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator.loadCurrentSettings(Configurator.java:91)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator.main(Configurator.java:32)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jbisson October 12, 2012

Solved it.

response from atlassian:

Actually, SSL configuration via the JIRA configuration tool will only be possible in the next JIRA releases (See JIRA 5.2 Release Notes), so in order to set up JIRA to run through HTTPS, please kindly follow the directions described in the following documentations, depending on your current setup:

0 votes
jbisson October 11, 2012

Anyone ? I really need to figure this thing out.... !!!!

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

What exactly are you trying to do? If you are trying to setup SSL shouldn't that be in the server.xml of Tomcat? What are you looking for?

jbisson October 11, 2012

Yes, I want to set-up SSL. I'm following this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+JIRA+over+SSL+or+HTTPS

I can't use the JIRA CONFIGURATION TOOL, i'm need to know in which config file (or in which db) i need to manually add my ssl config....

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

You can config the database connection in file <JIRA_HOME>/dbconfig.xml. Here is an example how you can do it for HSQLDB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+HSQLDB

jbisson October 10, 2012

My database connection is already set-up (I've added the dbconfig.xml a while ago). My jira works fine. So I dought this is the problem.

Since I'm running in console mode only, it's normal that the GUI doesn't show up, i'm assuming this is the problem. This is why I want to know if there is a way to set-up manually without goin through the JIRA tool GUI.

I'm running FreeBSD.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer