Trying to setup SSL on JIRA, Cannot run config.sh (JIRA configuration tool)

When I try to run config.sh, I'm getting a NPE.... (See bellow).

Is there a config file that I can set manually instead of running the config jira configuration tool so I can put all that I need there...

thanks.

Loading application properties from /usr/home/jira/atlassian-jira-5.0.7-standalone/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.config.SettingsLoader.loadDbConfig(SettingsLoader.java:348)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.config.SettingsLoader.loadDbConfig(SettingsLoader.java:330)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.config.SettingsLoader.loadCurrentSettings(SettingsLoader.java:52)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator.loadCurrentSettings(Configurator.java:91)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator.main(Configurator.java:32)

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Solved it.

response from atlassian:

Actually, SSL configuration via the JIRA configuration tool will only be possible in the next JIRA releases (See JIRA 5.2 Release Notes), so in order to set up JIRA to run through HTTPS, please kindly follow the directions described in the following documentations, depending on your current setup:

You can config the database connection in file <JIRA_HOME>/dbconfig.xml. Here is an example how you can do it for HSQLDB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+HSQLDB

My database connection is already set-up (I've added the dbconfig.xml a while ago). My jira works fine. So I dought this is the problem.

Since I'm running in console mode only, it's normal that the GUI doesn't show up, i'm assuming this is the problem. This is why I want to know if there is a way to set-up manually without goin through the JIRA tool GUI.

I'm running FreeBSD.

Thanks.

Anyone ? I really need to figure this thing out.... !!!!

What exactly are you trying to do? If you are trying to setup SSL shouldn't that be in the server.xml of Tomcat? What are you looking for?

Yes, I want to set-up SSL. I'm following this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+JIRA+over+SSL+or+HTTPS

I can't use the JIRA CONFIGURATION TOOL, i'm need to know in which config file (or in which db) i need to manually add my ssl config....

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Canada

TOPIC TUESDAY - Oct 16th - Fav Atlassian Logo

Hey folks, We are back with your Topic Tuesday Question for the week. This week we are asking what is your fav new Atlassian logo? My vote would be for Statuspage. Let us know your thoughts! &nbs...

15 views 2 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you