Track highest Priority a ticket has been set to

Norman Adams Lariviere November 1, 2013

Is there a way to conditionally set a field value based on the highest Priority to which a ticket has been set? I would like to report on the number of Blocker issues that were opened in the last fiscal year, but the Priority is normally dropped to a lower level before closing a case (e.g. after a workaround was provided). My reports currentlyshow a low number of Blocker issues. Creating a new custom field "Highest Priority" and setting that conditionally each time the Priority field is changed would be sufficient. It would require an if/then logic to ensure only the highest value is set.

Does this functionality already exist? If not, is there a plugin that would help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Adams Lariviere November 3, 2013

I suppose I could use the following:

Blocker -- Priority was Blocker
Critical -- Priority was Critical AND Priority was not Blocker
Major -- Priority was Major AND Priority was not in (Blocker, Critical)

0 votes
Norman Adams Lariviere November 3, 2013

Thanks Rahul. This does meet one of my requirements perfectly.

I would also like to be able to track the same for Critical and Major. I want to track the highest Priority all cases were tagged at.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2013

Hi Norman

Lets address your main issue - you want to track number of blocker issues that was opened as blocker and later which may have changed.

Did you try to use the WAS operator.

project=xxx and priority was Blocker;

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events