Tomcat monitoring with SCOM?

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hi there,

Is it possible to use Microsofts System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to monitor Tomcat that is bundled with Atlassian products?

Cheers,
Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

Yes, the Tomcat they've bundled is pretty standard, the only stuff they've really changed is to embed their application in it.

I've not tried SCOM myself, but I know it supports Tomcat, and when I've hooked up other tools, I've never needed to do anything other than follow the standard "talk to a generic Tomcat" documents for them.

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hello Nic,

Thank you for your quick response.
Just out of curiosity: May I ask what other monitoring tools you where using?

Regards,
Thomas

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

I've dabbled with Monitorix, Nagios, Zabbix and a few others. Depends on the client though. Jconsole is handy if you don't need a monitoring/scanning system as well.

My input is quite light-weight though - most of the meetings about monitoring go "how to we integrate with Jira/Confluence", and the answer "well, it's a standard Tomcat" has been enough to get the monitoring teams on the case for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events