Time tracking in a sprint when moving a task to "in progress"

Mike Barrett November 14, 2012

Ok - I've set up my Scrum Board and we have a list of tasks to do... My sprints invovle only "To do" and "in progress" and "complete" in the work flow.

When a developer moves a task from

1. "To do" to in "in progress" is the date and time recorded anywhere?

2. "In progress" to "Completed" is the date and time recorded anywhere?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

All changes to an issue are logged in the issue history. So yes.

Although, it's not really a change on the scrum board - the history will show you all changes of status and resolution, and your boards are interpreting the current status and resolution as columns on the board.

So you need to read the history of an issue while understanding your board mappings.

Mike Barrett November 14, 2012

Ok thanks Nic... As it is recorded - is it possible to get access to those fields do you think? Thus creating a record or time spent in progress?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

Look at the history tab on the actual issue - they're displayed there.

You'll probably need some sort of reporting to get exactly what you're looking for though.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2012

Oh, and there's the "time in status" chart

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events