Time estimate problem

I've got a question from one of our project managers he has noticed that there some differences between Version workload report and Agile time etimate even tough it's the same milestone that is being measured.

ex Version Workload Report says 3180 hours while Agile says 6132 hours have anyone else noticed any diferences in their projects.

3 answers

1 accepted

I have noticed that the versions doesn't track time correctly unless you set the Start Date. I also found that Agile counts remaining estimates for Resolved issues, while the Version Workload Report ignores them.

I think it is a question of interpretation. It is not good to have two definitions of what is remaining, but in a way they are both right.

My own solution is to set the remaining estimate to 0 when resolving issues (They are done, right?). Unfortunatly I found other differences that I could not explain.

Hi Eirik

thanks for the promt answer, do you if this is a bug or that we need any other settings so we can prevent those diffencies?

I am seeing a similar problem - we have time remaining against issues in a "Reviewing" state, i.e. not "Done" - but this is not being added into the Total Time Remaining in the Version Workload Report .

I think its a straightforward bug - The Time Tracking report shows 21d 6h 25m remaining, the version workload report only 20.5d.

Greenhopper shows the correct remaining time.

We have JIRA v5.1.5.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

158 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot