Time Estimate always shows 0 minutes in the Version widget of the Planning Board

Ramon Wang January 12, 2012

Hi

I create several tasks of a story, and assign all of them to my first sprint Sprint-1 (the Version), i set the original estimated time for each tasks to some value, so i assume the Time Estimate in the version widget (for Spring-1) should have a value that is the sum of each task's original estimated time, but it always shows "0 minute", did i miss something? Thanks

Cheers
Ramon

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramon Wang January 28, 2012

The issue is still not resolved, one thing i'm sure is that it must have something to do with the sprint start date, if i set a newer start date i can get some estimate value. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 votes
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

Hi all ... This is also something I notced similar to this. On a board view it shows"0m" but there is an original estimate and some worklogged. Eg. original est is 2d and work logged is 6h ... but on the board view it shows "0m" whereas it should show "1d 2h"

Is there something I am missing on that?

0 votes
dualktecnologia July 11, 2016

I was having the same issue, the point was that I was, just filling original estimate, and forgot remaining time, then JIRA automatically sets remaining time to 0!

0 votes
Rob Sable February 5, 2012

I put in a support request with Atlassian and found that this is working as they have designed as follows:

• The "Time Estimate" field shows hours for issues that were planned. That means issues that were created and estimated before the start of the sprint.

• All other issues, the ones that are created in between the dates of start and ending of the sprint, will be counted on remaning work, "Time Remaining".

balu subbs January 1, 2014

Hi,

I use JIRA 4.2 with Greenhopper. The issue is, Time Estimate field is not showing the correct planned hours for my sprint.

I created few subtasks after sprint start date and my Time Estimate field is showing some hours and it is not showing the exact planned effort. Is it mandatory to create stories and subtasks before a sprint's start date.

Due to this, my Hour burndown Chart does not plot the graph as expected. The graph does not show the correct Estimated hours in GuideLine value.

Any help to resolve this?

Regards,

Balu

0 votes
Rob Sable January 28, 2012

I am seeing the same thing. If I change the sprint start to to some time after the estimates were entered then they show up.

Could use an explanation on why this is if anyone knows...

Ramon Wang January 29, 2012

I think I found a work around, you need to create story+task first and assign them the right estimated working days, after that, create your new Sprint (version, better start from today), then assign your stories and tasks to this new Sprint, you should see the estimated working days displayed correctly in the version widget. For my 2nd sprint, i can see the correct estimated working days.

I think it's still a bug, but it's enough for me to have a work around.

0 votes
Rob Sable January 25, 2012

I am having the same problem. I also have a start date set for the sprint. When I view hours burn down charts it shows the time estimated but not in the vesrion widget on the planning board.

Any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this?

0 votes
Rob Sable January 25, 2012

I am having the same problem. I also have a start date set for the sprint. When I view hours burn down charts it shows the time estimated but not in the vesrion widget on the planning board.

Any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this?

0 votes
Deleted user January 13, 2012

Do you have a start date for the sprint?

Ramon Wang January 13, 2012

Yes, I do set the start date for the sprint.

Suggest an answer