Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This does not works for me

PedroGDiaz July 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Missing option to enable JIRA Service Desk for existing project

This does not works for me, i am Admin and agent of the project but i can not see the top tab for service  desk or inside the project

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2016

I think that might be an old version of JIRA that it's based on. 

For JIRA 7+, Go to Admin -> Projects, find the project you need to change and edit the "type" of project (it will be Business or Software at the moment - change it to Service Desk)

PedroGDiaz July 20, 2016

Thanks for the answer,

what did you mean by an old version?

yes it worked but in converted the whole project to a Service desk and i can not manage now my team with my normal configuration of agile and workflow. how can i make a mixture of both?

i really appreciate your help!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Sorry, I edited my answer as I got an email with your comment, but it seemed to have lost the comment when I got here to comment again!

With a Service Desk / Software project, you need the project type to be Service Desk so that you can get all the functions from Service Desk layered over it.  Software is a bit more flexible - once you have your SD project working, use Boards -> Create new board to create boards from the project, and you'll get all the Software functionality on top of the project for your developers.  Be aware that permissions can be difficult though, as SD projects limit what non-agents can do.

raviteja July 28, 2016

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], small question. I just want to know whether we can enable JIRA service Desk project from JIRA software project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2016

Please see the answer and previous comment

raviteja July 28, 2016

Does that mean maintaining single project for both purposes?

I guess that may not work. In JIRA software it is mainly for developers with different issue types(Task, Sub-task, EPIC, Story, Bug) where as JIRA service desk we are using as general service desk(Support ticket,Fault, IT help..). Typically all issue types may not be in same project. Shall we maintain single project and adjust with boards instead of two projects in this case too?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2016

No, you can do it with one project, but I'm not sure how I can explain it another way than I already have.  It does sound like you should have two projects though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events