The Code block macro {code} doesn't export if the macro is nested in another {multi-excerpt} macro in the final exported document. Is there an easy fix for this?

This wikimarkup

{code}

part 1

part 2

{code}

displays correctly on the page. but this section is part of a {multi excerpt} that displays on another page. The display is fine on the final page, but the export of the final page doesn't show the code block. Any tips?

2011-12-17 - the comment functionality on this page does not work. So in answer to your questions here: using version 3.5.6.

Also another Q from me: What does "raise" a bug mean? "Report" a bug?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

in answer to your questions here: using version 3.5.6.

Also another Q from me: What does "raise" a bug mean? "Report" a bug?

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Dec 11, 2011

Yes, sorry... I did mean report a bug. "raise" as a synonym for "create".

As Bruce pointed out, looks like this might be a problem with the New Code macro itself, since it also doesn't work in the standard include macro either. I'll investigate further.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Dec 05, 2011

What version of Confluence are you using? It looks like the multi-excerpt macro hasn't been updated since around Confluence 3.5.

You could also try raising a bug report on the JIRA project for this plugin: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/CMEP

I guess you run into the same problem as we do. Ifound following item CONF-22263 which describes the bug. We found this bug in 3.5 and we also find it in 4.0

Ah, nice sleuthing! I'll see if I can get that bug onto our roadmap.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Dec 12, 2011

CONF-22263 has been fixed in the latest version of the Advanced Macros plugin - https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/145?versionId=767102

Just tested it and it works fine. Thanks a lot!

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Dec 12, 2011

Woot! No worries :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

34 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you