Testless Builds

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2011

What does "Testless Builds" mean?

This is listed next to all our builds but they have tests. Unit tests are in MsTest.

What am I missing here?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2011

OK, it's a simple bug in the plugin - it's not annotated as capable of providing test results. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9551 has a fixed version of the plugin attached to it.

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

I have tried implementating this plugin but it does not appear to be compatible with 3.1.4.

Is there another version?

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Any other resolution?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2011

Only security fixes are released for 3.1.x, the plugin will not work with it. You should either upgrade your Bamboo installation or, if you don't want to upgrade Bamboo, backport the fix on your own. The plugin is open source and is hosted here: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-dotnet-plugin , You'd have to backport this changeset: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-dotnet-plugin/changeset/9f21639ce959

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

Thank you. I don't plan to build our own plugin version.

We'll have to live with this bug until our next Bamboo upgrade.

0 votes
Dennis Ryan August 31, 2011

I don't know what you use to build your code, but in my "Ant Configuration" task, there is a checkbox to indicate that the buid produces test results.

<input id="testChecked" class="checkbox handleOnSelectShowHide" style="font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin-right: 5px; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; float: left; margin-top: 2px; width: 15px; border-style: none; padding: 2px;" type="checkbox" name="testChecked" value="true" checked="checked"/><label id="label_testChecked" style="float: none; display: inline; left: 0px; width: auto; margin: 0px;" for="testChecked">The build will produce test results</label>

Collin O_Connor August 31, 2011

In our case here it is Visual Studio 2010; and nowhere on the page is that checkbox. In fact I can't find it under any of the job configuration parameters, though I do remember its existence from prior versions.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2011

You need to add a task to parse these results. See "Tests" section in Add Task wizard during job configuration.

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2011

The builds already use MSTest Parser task.

All our tests do show on the test page but under 'Job Summary' > Recent History....all builds show 'Testless build'.

Collin O_Connor August 31, 2011

I can follow up ron.chan here on this. We have NUnit tests that are shown as being run under the specific build's "test" page, but on the job summary's recent history it only shows "Testless Build". This is occuring for us in version 3.2.2 of Bamboo. The tests are added as a task in part of the configuration.

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2011

We use Bamboo version 3.1.4 and still have not received an explanation for this.

It's a little frustrating how responses are so far and few in between in this forum. We've gone through many iterations of Bamboo (2.2.3, 2.6.0, 2.6.3, 2.7.1, 3.1.3, 3.1.4) and to be honest, Bamboo has so many quirks and bugs that there should be a greater emphasis on supporting this product. I sense a ton of focus from
Atlassian's part on Jira and Confluence but if they don't take care of their Bamboo customers, there's a growing field of competitors in this market that's ready to welcome them with open arms.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events