Tempo Worklogs: Some Issues do not show Edit/Move/Delete option

Ilana Richmond May 5, 2013

I am viewing my account's worklogs and some show only "View Issue" with no option to edit, move or delete the worklog. I cannot find a consistent reason why: some issues allow some worklogs to be edited, it does not appear confined to a single user or users.

2 answers

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi Ilana

I have updated our documentation page for the Timesheet Approval Process

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO076/Timesheet+Approval+Process

Ilana Richmond May 7, 2013

Thank you. So I understand that Approved timesheets cannot be edited, but don't understand how we can use the Account and Team approval processes simultaneously as asked in a previous issue (Account and Team Approvals in Tempo). For us, we want Team leaders to approve number of hours and Account leads to approve the Account that the worklogs are assigned to. In some cases, we need to split or move a worklog on an Issue because it should be assigned to a different Account. It seems that we will need to have the Account review done before the Team leader review and approval. (As a side note, we are having trouble with the Account workflow appearing to Account leads, but I will put in a separate ticket for that). Can you recommend how we should best handle the scenarios below?

For example, we have Issue X with Worklog A from User A and Worklog B from User B. Issue X is assigned to Account 1, so all worklogs on that issue are assigned to Account 1. In review, we decide that Worklog A should be assigned to Account 2. Is there a better way to do this than to move the Workog to a new or existing Issue with the correct Account? A second example would be where we want to split a worklog to two Accounts.

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi Ilana,

We understand your use case and are looking into it. Sorry about the incoinvinence.

Viðar

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Hi Ilana

Please verify that you have the all the Time Tracking permissions needed in the JIRA permission scheme. You can also use the Worklogs Date Validation in Tempo admin configuration to see if the worklog is editable.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Worklog+Date+Validation
https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Edit+Worklogs

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes

Tempo support

Ilana Richmond May 6, 2013

Thank you Sverrir. I did check the permissions and validation. In one case I found an issue where one worklog was editable and one was not. The editable worklog has a User Timesheet Status of "Under Review" where the non-editable worklog has a User Timesheet Status of "Approved." Is this what is causing the worklog to be editable or not? We have enabled both Team and Account timesheet review. How do we use them so that both can edit or approve timesheets without cancelling one another?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events