Tech Support setup for small office of 30 staff members

KCL IT January 7, 2014

Hi -

I'm in charge of developing a support ticket system for a small office of about 30 staff members. We don't do anything that involves project management, such as code development or QA. We'll have tickets that involve issues like troubleshooting desktops and wifi problems.

I have two questions:

1. Would the JIRA Service Desk solution be more appropriate for my needs?

2. I'm not entirely sure I need this level of functionality, but just to test it out, I downloaded the IT Service Desk Workflow (ITIL). I followed the installation instructions found on the Installation tab, however, they don't mention anything about what to do with the .zip file that downloaded. What do I do from here?

Any suggestions for my situation, above and beyond my questions would be more than welcome.

Thanks
J

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KCL IT January 14, 2014

It seems that I didn't need to follow these instructions, as the next time I went into the Workflow section, it reflected the new add-on.

Thanks

0 votes
KCL IT January 14, 2014

It seems that I didn't need to follow these instructions, as the next time I went into the Workflow section, it reflected the new add-on.

Thanks

0 votes
Neil Taylor January 8, 2014

Can you install the IT Service Desk Workflow (ITIL) via this method?

1. Log into your JIRA instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. <small>The Manage add-ons screen loads.</small>
  3. Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Locate IT Service Desk Workflow (ITIL) via search. <small>Results include add-on versions compatible with your JIRA instance.</small>
  5. Click Install to download and install your add-on. <small>If your add-on cannot be installed directly into your application, you may be prompted to download.</small>
  6. You're all set! <small>Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.</small>

Suggest an answer