Tasks assigned to child versions do not display on the planning board and task board of the parent version.

Bryony Youngs May 15, 2012

I have set up a version hierachy in my project. The problem I'm having is that tasks assigned to child versions do not always show up on the planning board and task board of the parent version.

Everything works perfectly for tasks which already existed when I created the version hierachy. But, if I create a new task and assign it to a child version it doesn't appear on the planning board and task board of the parent. Any ideas how to fix this? I can get round the problem by manually assigning multiple versions - both the child and the parent - to a task. But this is quite cumbersome and I was hoping there was a better way.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bryony Youngs November 5, 2012

I managed to find the solution on my own. I needed to click the "resync" button to force my hierachies to refesh.

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

It is likely that the chosen filter is "hiding" the issues. If you look at the project context to the right of the project name (often Defaulkt or On the Fly) in the planning board. Click the little down arrow and go into the Manage option. Is the filter choosing only some issues?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events