Tasklist - Plugin for JIRA??

VenugopalY January 21, 2013

Hi Support,

I am looking for Talsk list Plugin for JIRA. (Displays modifiable and interactive task list. we saw this plugin under confluence.

will same plugin will help in JIRA? Is this any JIRA specific plugin for this purpose? Please let us know the details for it.

Please see the attached image for plugin details.

Venu

5 answers

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

When we first started using Jira we discovered we need the same feature. I tried to develop a plugin for this myself but it was impossible for me. So we asked a Development company to do that for us.

What the plugin does is to create an issuetype 'tasklist' whenever you create a new issue and links them. This issue has in the description a 'To Do List' so when you finish that list you resolve the issue. In that way you can have for example a bunch of tasklists issues linked to the bug issue, and this bug can only be closed if all the issues linked are already close. It's not the best solution but it works fine at least for Jira 4.4 (Once we updated to Jira 5 we haven't use it again)

Developing a plugin could be a solution but remember it's a little bit expensive if someone does it for you.

Cheers!

roman October 21, 2015

is your plugin available somewhere?

0 votes
Heath Wolfeld March 25, 2013

I've had a few developers ask for this functionality too. Right now I'm using wiki markup ( (x),(/) ) as a lightweight task lists, but the devs would prefer to just check something rather than editing the description. The use case is tickets where there a few tasks that need to be performed, but they're all small tasks that don't really justify the extra weight of sub-tasks.

0 votes
Heath Wolfeld March 25, 2013

I've had a few developers ask for this functionality too. Right now I'm using wiki markup ( (x),(/) ) as a lightweight task lists, but the devs would prefer to just check something rather than editing the description. The use case is tickets where there a few tasks that need to be performed, but they're all small tasks that don't really justify the extra weight of sub-tasks.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Are you looking for a JIRA filter ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events