Task Descriptions not showing on planning board

Nick Davies February 6, 2012

Various tasks are not displaying their descriptions in List View on my planning board. Looking at each task there doesn't seem to be a common factor to those that do or don't show their descriptions

They show up fine in Card and Summary view on the planning board and show fine in List View on the task board

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Davies February 23, 2012

it's practical for me yes as having a lot of tasks in that view allows me to drag them to a specific version quickly and easily. Whether it's practical or not tho it's still broekn so should be fixed.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012

Hey Nick, I didn't mean that it is not supported. As per the link I gave above you can ofcourse add "Description" field to the to List View. I just mentioned an additional point, since sometimes the Description could be very long and the List view may get crammed with all the text, which will only be partly displayed.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

Is it really practical to have description in the list view. The list of columns to show in different views can be customized as described here http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+Card+Styles

Suggest an answer