Task Board Shows More Than the Selected Version

Cameron Jezorek April 11, 2012

Sorry if this is a 'stupid' question, but...

When viewing the Task Board versions other than the selected version is displaying. For example, we have a version called "PRM", we also have "PRM R1 S1", "PRM R1 S2", etc.

We only want to see version "PRM" on the task board but when that is the selected version we see all the other PRM versions as well.

Is this because they all have PRM in the version name? (I tried renaming the version name to a more unique one but had the same issue)

HELP!

(We are using GreenHopper 5.4.)

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

Are these S1 and S2 the children of PRM version? If yes, task board is expected to display all the tasks of the child versions as well.

Cameron Jezorek April 15, 2012

No, PRM does not have any versions connected as children.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

Can you add a screenshot of the issue? Are you Jira items having multiple fix versions selected, say "PRM" and "PRM R1 S1" ?

Cameron Jezorek April 16, 2012

here are some screenshots...

As you can see only one Fix version is selected for MIS-20655 only has a single version listed (PRM2 Release 4 Sprint 1) but it is still displaRM2 task board.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

Unable to see the screenshots.

But again, if the issue has only one fixversion and that version is not a child of anyone, I am at loss to suggest why the issue is getting displayed while other versions are selected. GH does not go by name, rather by the parent relation set in versions. I still suspect that the version is set as a child of PRM2, at least by looking at the name :)

Suggest an answer