Syncing groups from Google Apps

jtalas August 2, 2012
I have an OnDemand instance, and it synchronises users from my Google Apps host perfectly, but not loading groups and group memberships. Am I missing something, or is this a real limitation in the syncing process?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jtalas December 23, 2012

Groups are not synced

2 votes
Billy August 10, 2018

I’m sorry, but why would Atlassian allow only managing one piece of IAM? If your organization has several thousand potential customers do they really expect a Jira admin to rebuild all of the groups that are being created, updated, and maintained in another service (e.g., G Suite) in a separate system?  Why make it possible to even select groups to synchronize from G Suite if the group membership gets thrown away?

Malin May 8, 2019

I agree!  We have around 4000 users that must be administered both in Gsuite and Jira. 

Is there any soultion for this on Cloud yet? 

jtalas December 19, 2012
Crowd is not available for OnDemand
0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

Hi John,

As far as I understand it, Google Apps only manages the user login and allows Single Sign-On for OnDemand instances. This means that the group membership is actually managed by the OnDemand instance and not from Google Apps. Therefore it sounds like your instance is running correctly and you will need to configure your group management in the application itself.

All the best,
John

jtalas August 2, 2012

I'm sorry, but I disaggree.

On the Administration, General tab, Google Management menu item, there is a "Google Apps User Synchroniyation" section, where I can set how often JIRA imports the user list from Google. Because of this, all GA user is listed in JIRA, not just those who already logged in to JIRA at least once.

My question was if it was possible to import user groups from Google as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events