Switching to SSL, always redirects to localhost

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2012

We're trying to switch our site to use SSL, and for some reason the URL now always redirects to localhost (I mean, when accessing from the net, not locally), which of course doesn't work. I don't think we did anything beyond what the instructions say.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

We ended up switching to Apache.

0 votes
chanda norton September 3, 2013

Jonathan, how did you get it accessible from the NET..I"m still unable to allow users to connect...

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013

Other than switching to using Apache, I don't know how to answer that.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2012

Do you have proxyName property in the server.xml file? Which is by chance pointed to localhost? Or redirection in Apache which does that?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2012

No, no proxyName property.

At the moment we're running under Tomcat alone. I was thinking of reconfiguring to run under Apache, but I haven't done that yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events