Switching to External user management

I am trying to configure my OnDemand Confluence set-up to use external user management (from my OnDemand Jira set-up), but I can't for the life of me get it to allow me to change it. My only lead is that I need to somehow log out of my main admin account and log in as the 'sysadmin' user, however I haven't got a clue what the password is for this user, nor can I get the password reset to work for said user.

I'm not sure if this is a malfunction, or simply limited documentation. Could you please advise me how I can achieve a unified user base, and if my pursuit of the External User Management function is correct.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

I spoke to Atlassian support. It seems my question is likely not helpful, with there being no clear answer.

I was hoping to use a single user base for both Jira and Confluence, and while this is not exactly supported, I would need to use External User Management and LDAP to facilitate something closer to this.

Atlassian have informed me that this is in the works, and may become a feature in the near future on OnDemand. For now, the existing built-in user base will suffice.

1 vote

Contact Atlassian OnDemand support - they have the "sysadmin" user and you won't have that access.

I'd have thought the user integration between OnDemand Jira and Confluence would be automatic, but it sounds like it isn't?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Off-topic

Get to know our Atlassian User Group Leaders from Bengaluru, India

Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...

82 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you