Sum of all points across x,y,z epics?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Is there a way, perhaps a Jira filter, to sum all the points estimated for a number of epics?

I see of course each epic provides the sum of all stories beneath, but I have many epics I'm mapping to a release and want a quick way to see the total # of points for them all.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

There isn't a way to do this within JIRA or GreenHopper at the moment, however in the next release we are introducing a new labs feature for release planning, which will enable you to track issues against fix versions and view a report containing all issues.

We also have a story in our backlog to add statistics for versions similar to what we have for epics. You can watch progress of this and vote for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7160

Suggest an answer