Subscribe/Get notifications to blog

I was wondering if there is a way to subscribe to blogs?

Basically, the use case is the following

• A put article in the Space A blog
  • B receives an email that a new article has been pushed into the Space A blog

I looked but did not find a way to get notifications:

4 answers

1 accepted

Thanks Erik this helps,
but this says,

Subscribe to all blog posts

Receive email notifications for changes to blogs in your Confluence installation that you have permission to view.

• Blog posts added, edited or deleted.

Immediately

This will giva a lot of email notification as it says editing will also send out emails.

We just need if new article is pushed.

Not sure about email notifications, but you can have "B" opt into notifications via an RSS feed. You do this by building a link that points to the createrssfeed.action page in Confluence.

Thanks Erik this helps,
but this says,

Subscribe to all blog posts

Receive email notifications for changes to blogs in your Confluence installation that you have permission to view.

• Blog posts added, edited or deleted.

Immediately

This will giva a lot of email notification as it says editing will also send out emails.

We just need if new article is pushed.

Swarada, I did not find a way to email just new articles. There is a checkbox when editing a Confluence page that allows the editor to specify a minor change. Once the minor change (newer versions of Confluence changed the box to say Notify Watchers) box is checked it will not send out a notification, but that requires the users to check the box(newer versions of Confluence would be to uncheck the box).

This would be a great new Confluence feature, I think our users begin to ignore their email when they get a notice for each update.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

65 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you