Subscribe/Get notifications to blog

swaradacs November 17, 2013

I was wondering if there is a way to subscribe to blogs?

Basically, the use case is the following

• A put article in the Space A blog
  • B receives an email that a new article has been pushed into the Space A blog

I looked but did not find a way to get notifications:

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erik Saline [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Thanks Erik this helps,
but this says,

Subscribe to all blog posts

Receive email notifications for changes to blogs in your Confluence installation that you have permission to view.

• Blog posts added, edited or deleted.

Immediately

This will giva a lot of email notification as it says editing will also send out emails.

We just need if new article is pushed.

0 votes
Erik Saline [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Swarada, I did not find a way to email just new articles. There is a checkbox when editing a Confluence page that allows the editor to specify a minor change. Once the minor change (newer versions of Confluence changed the box to say Notify Watchers) box is checked it will not send out a notification, but that requires the users to check the box(newer versions of Confluence would be to uncheck the box).

This would be a great new Confluence feature, I think our users begin to ignore their email when they get a notice for each update.

0 votes

Thanks Erik this helps,
but this says,

Subscribe to all blog posts

Receive email notifications for changes to blogs in your Confluence installation that you have permission to view.

• Blog posts added, edited or deleted.

Immediately

This will giva a lot of email notification as it says editing will also send out emails.

We just need if new article is pushed.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Not sure about email notifications, but you can have "B" opt into notifications via an RSS feed. You do this by building a link that points to the createrssfeed.action page in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events