Struggling with a many to many relationship model in JIRA

David Frager _gmail_ May 27, 2014

I have been struggling with setting up a many to many relationship model in JIRA that will allow managment to organize and establish a prioritity for portfolio and project mangement.

Using the embedded issue links solves many of the issues, however, there is a need to adjust the order of the linked issues, based on priority, as related to the parent issue. An example is that initiative 1 has 3 features, A, B, and C. Initative 2 has 4 features (A, D, E, F). Both initative 1 and 2 share Feature A. While I can establish the links, I would like to have them ordered in priority order as related to the Initatitive they are linked to.

I have also investigated to use of the ALM Works Structures Plug-in. This addesses the ability to link the features to an initative, as well as rank the priority using drag and drop, however, unless I create 1 structure for each initative, I cannot have a feature associated with multiple initatives.

I am sure this is not a unique configuration. Has anyone been able to come up with a workable relationship model?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

Hi David, most probably you need custom plugin. As I see - you can set up either specific custom fields with configuration, either issue tab panels

Suggest an answer