Strange Greenhopper behavior: Status is updated but Card doesn't move

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

since 6.0.8 i experience some verry odd thing..

when i grab some cards from backlog and drag them into the "In Progress" Column...it sometimes happen that one card is not beeing moved.

if i check the status off this issue i see it is "In Progress"

Board Config is correct...all other issues are in the right Column.

when i try to move the issue that was left in the backlog again it correctly highlights the next possible columns in wich it couln be placed (Waiting & Resolved)

is this an indexing problem within Greenhopper?

i can reload the board page as many times i want....nothing changes.

btw:

wouldn't it be good to be able to drag&drop more than only one issue in time?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

oh it appeared just now again....

i ran a re-index just to see whats happenin and guess what...after re-indexing is done the card which was left in the wrong column was placed correctly now...

seems to be a bug..

i will track this behaviour now on GH 6.1.0...

John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012

Generally, where the Index goes, the Cards go. I'd wager that you have the Reindex post function at the wrong place in the post function order.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012

its almost the last postfunction...it only affects the first transition

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012

and why is it only happening to some cards then? should all moved cards be affected in that case?

i also don't remember adding or modifiing re-indexing post-function by myself but i will check for it now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events