Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash upgrade - The target database contains tables which will clash with Stash's tables

Justin Johnson October 8, 2012

I am running Stash 1.2.4 on RedHat Linux with the database in MySQL. I downloaded Stash 1.3.0, copied the mysql JDBC driver jar into the lib folder and started Stash. STASH_HOME is set in my .bashrc so I didn't need to update setenv.sh. When I try to enter the database information I get the following error.

The target database contains tables which will clash with Stash's tables. For information about how to clean up your databases for use with Stash, please refer to the Stash documentation.

If you continue having issues, get in touch with our support team and we'll help get you up and running.

I don't see any info in the Stash documentation about cleaning up tables or upgrading using an existing external database. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2012

The JDBC connection details are stored in STASH_HOME/stash-config.properties and since you have not changed your STASH_HOME, Stash 1.3 should be running with your current database already. There is no need to re-enter your database information and it sounds like you're trying to 'migrate' from your current database to the same database?

Please check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+upgrade+guide for upgrade instructions.

Justin Johnson October 11, 2012

Thanks. It looks like I had STASH_HOME set to the wrong path.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events