Stash Service Stops Responding

Qadeer GHouri October 18, 2012

I am working with Windows XP ( Virtual Machine)

We have purchased Stash for 10 users,I have configured Stash and added users and groups into it.

Next i have created Project->Repositories

When I access it from Client PC by using

http://<ip address="">:7990/projects

It works fine, but when I perform different operation in quick time, browsers hangs up showing a continues Progress bar but no action. after a long long time a crash report.

Then i use to Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services and restarting the Stash Service

It Shows , service is not running, then i select Restart. after successful restart.

Now again re-checking in browser it works fine.

Kindly sort out this problem.

i am really worried about it.

For this issue we have to role back out Git Repository to Independent Server, but we want a Stable STASH to carry on further.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi Qadeer,

Please use the following workaround (the same as the documentation):

1. Identify the name of the service that Stash is installed as in Windows ( Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services )
  2. Open the command window from Start >> Run >> type in 'cmd' >> Enter
  3. cd to the bin directory of Stash
  4. Run the following according to the Service name found from the first step:
    tomcat6w //ES//%SERVICENAME%
  5. Click on the Java tab to see the list of current start-up options
  6. Append the following option on its own new line by adding to the end of the existing Java Options:
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Regards,

Foong

Atlassian Support Team

Qadeer GHouri October 23, 2012

Thanks ' Kah Loun Foong'

I have done with these settings.

0 votes
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi Qadeer,

As I mentioned in my response to your previous question regarding this problem: Could you please open a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/ - Our support engineers would need to have a look at the log files to assist you with this problem.

Cheers,

Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events