Spreading a long TOC over 2 columns in Confluence

Rosemary Donato May 29, 2013

Hello,

I'm working with a team to create several pages. One of them in particular has a very long TOC. We discussed breaking the page up into several. But that's not the best way to present the information. Does anyone know if there's a way to spread the TOC over 2 or more columns?

Thanks much!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2013

Hi,

if there's a way to distinguish between the contents of the two columns: yes. otherwise no.

If it is possible to differ the two groups with a regular expression then you can do the following:

Create two TOCs and set the include-parameter of each one to different values, so they are showing the first or the second part of your headings.

Make a section with two columns on top of your page and put each TOC in a column.

That should do it.

Cheers

Thomas

Rosemary Donato May 30, 2013

That worked brilliantly! Thanks ever so. :D

Kuncheff May 22, 2018

what if there are repeated words in the TOC?

Like Natalia Perminova likes this
Natalia Perminova April 7, 2020

Have the same issue with repeated words in both columns. :(

Pooja Mu April 23, 2020

Hi Thomas_Schlegel,

I am using 2 TOC, One for h1 headings, and other for h4 headings. So only h1 headings is displaying content, not the other one. No content is adding in h4 heading TOC. Once i do hard refresh then it is adding the content in the second TOC. I can't do hard refresh every time. So please help me with this.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events