Speakeasy extension jar updates not appearing in extension source code (Jira 4.4)

Bapa Rao October 27, 2011

Hello.

I am developing a speakeasy extension for Jira 4.4 using the Atlassian speakeasy examples on bitbucket as a template. Specifically, the extension is packaged as an atlassian plugin, uploaded to the Jira 4.4 instance using UPM and enabled for a specific user in non-admin mode. The develop-package-upload-enable-test cycle worked fine for a time.

I returned to the project after a break, made some significant changes to the javascript, including adding an additional javascript file under <scoped-web-resource> to atlassian-plugin.xml. Modified the version number in atlassian-plugin.xml to SNAPSHOT-0.2. Built the package and uploaded using UPM in adminstrator mode. All went well. When I exited admin mode and looked at the user extensions page, it shows the modified version SNAPSHOT-0.2; however when I reviewed the source code from the user page, I am not seeing any of the code changes. The atlassian-plugin.xml file shows the prior contents, and the additional javascript files are not there. This behavior occurs on both Chrome 15.0 and FireFox 7.0.

I would appreciate any pointers as to what has gone wrong here.

Thanks

Bapa Rao

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Don Brown [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011

I'm pretty sure you are the one I just helped on IRC (#atlassiandev on freenode.net), but for the record, you are using a very old version of Speakeasy that didn't have very good error reporting. It is likely there were changes made that prevented the plugin from being enabled correctly, so you may have been seeing the old version.

I recommend using the zip format, as it is better tested, and installing via Speakeasy instead.

Suggest an answer