Spam Issues

Marcel Woschek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

Could somebody please do something against this question spamming that is happening right now?

There are more spam questions than normal questions...

2 answers

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2017

I do as well.

Nic has reported the problem previously, and the issue was moved about a week ago from there (CQ-1679) to the main Confluence team's project as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-47728 so hopefully that is some indication that it will be actively worked on in the near future.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

I ban them as fast as I can but that's after-the-fact - the emails have gone out.

I'm just an end user, like you, so I have no way to improve the system.  If it were me, I'd have written a filtering thing that does a simple check on a question by new users and doesn't post if it contains anything resembling contact details or blocks of text that don't look like natural language (with a nice message back explaining it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events