Space admin without permission SETSPACEPERMISSIONS

Wetter Jiří December 30, 2012

Hello, i need to set space admin for specific groups without SETSPACEPERMISSIONS atributte. It's possible? There is no option Restrict or something similar for space. I need to set that user will be able to perform all actions in space admin but except SETSPACEPERMISSIONS.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Space+Administrators+and+their+Permissions

Space administrators can:

• view all content in the space. If there are page permissions that restrict the viewing of a page to a single user, or to a group to which the space administrator doesn't belong, a space administrator can still view the page by removing the restriction.
  • edit all content on any page in the space.
  • remove restrictions from any page in the space (using the Space Administration interface).
  • manage the watchers for any page in the space (but not watchers of the space).
  • grant themselves any other space permissions (e.g. permission to set restrictions on a particular page).

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2012

No, you've either got the space admin permissions (with the right to set other permissions), or you do not.

I understand Atlassian are working on more flexibility, but I can't remember the exact request id at jira.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer