Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree with Mercurial (Mac) auth problems. Can't push.

Maureen Dunlap May 9, 2013

We have a Mercurial repository on kiln and I am able to see all the revisions in Sourcetree. However I am unable to push files. I keep getting:

ignoring invalid [auth] key 'username'

ignoring invalid [auth] key 'password'

Here is what I've tried. No matter what I do, I can not get these errors cleared and can't push files.

• I have gone through all the settings but can't figure out what's going on. My keychain app doesn't have an entry for Sourcetree, but it does for kiln. Also I've included my username in the URL.
  • In the Sourcetree bookmarks settings, I edited the entries to include the password.
  • I had previously been using TortoiseHG for Mac and did not have those extensions checked. Tried checking them but no difference either way.
  • I deleted the kilnhg.com keys from Keychain.app and was hopeful when Sourcetree then prompted me for username and password - and I had it re-save to the keychain. However still get errors when trying to push.

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Maureen Dunlap May 9, 2013

Sorry, figured it out. I hadn't scrolled down to see the rest of the error. There was a problem with a remote head and I hadn't merged. Once I did that I was able to push.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events