Sourcetree v1.4.1 and Hipchat on Windows 7 crashing on launch

Hi Guys,

Sourcetree Windows v1.4.1 and Hipchat crashes on launch every time I open it, the gui does not even show.

Seems Windows might have corrupted a file that Atlassian uses for both applications.

Please help.

7 answers

Can't find the log file in %USER%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree just a user.config file.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Feb 27, 2014

Could you post your sourcetree.log file? It's located in %USER%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree

0 votes

Interesting, I have several files in there and no user.config. Have you tried reinstalling both applications? Did they both work in the past?

Yes, all were working yesterday. Maybe my windows is corrupt.

0 votes

You may want to drop a line at https://support.atlassian.com/they should be able to help.

Are there any crash logs in the Windows Event Viewer for HipChat or SourceTree?

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application

I think I probably have the same issue, although HipChat was not affected on my machine.

I didn't see this thread when I was creating my issue.

Details here:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/269372/sourcetree-stopped-launching-win7

I found the solution to my problem, perhaps it would work for you too.

The answer was to fully uninstall and re-install my graphics drivers.

I don't know why something as general as graphics drivers would only be affecting certian applications, but there it is.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 7 hours ago in Canada

TOPIC TUESDAY - Fav Scary Monster!

Hey folks and happy Topic Tuesday! In the spirit of Halloween and all things scary, today's topic is what is your favourite horror movie monster. My personal choice here would be Jason from the Frida...

11 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you