Sourcetree creates 1KB BASE file while merging

A. Cemal Özlük June 11, 2018

Hello,

Sourcetree creates 1KB BASE file while merging and merging is hence not possible. Command git merge-base commit1 commit2 returns the base commit that is of correct size (over 100 MB).

What to do to be able to merge, hence access the base file ? Does this have something to do with LFS ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Hello! This might have something to do with LFS -- are the merge file sizes very large? Does this only happen in this repo?

A. Cemal Özlük June 12, 2018

Hello Mike,

thank you for your reply! It might indeed. However:

with this configuration for merge

local: 127 MB

remote: 110 MB

base: 109 MB are created

and with this configuration for merge

local: 127 MB

remote: 138 MB

base: 1KB

a 1KB base file (practically empty file) is created. I find yet no way which commit is git taking as base in a specific merge session. Apparently it cannot retrieve the base in latter case correctly. Do you have an idea ?

Thanks!

A. Cemal Özlük June 13, 2018

Further, the point is, it is not always the case that in the merge process a 1KB BASE file is created. For merge with some other branches it works fine as usual. For the cases with 1 KB BASE file, to find which base, I executed git merge-base commit1 commit2. The resulting commit is a normal file, non empty.

I have this issue with 1KB retrieved BASE file, since a short time (Monday). I tried to merge using git merge <sourcebranch> command and git mergetool command to merge and resolve conflicts, all without Sourcetree involved. Still the same problem. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events