Viewing page 2 of 2

38 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
garrickjacobson November 12, 2012

+1 for a Windows port of SourceTree!

1 vote
Texel November 9, 2012

One of the reasons I prefer Mercurial is the (IMO) better tooling for it on Windows. Having this tool on Windows would level out the playing field and allow me to work with both types of repos from a single place.

1 vote
Todd Seiler October 8, 2012

I want

1 vote
Angel Ruiz September 26, 2012

Pleaseeee port to Windows!!!!!!

1 vote
Eric Hopper September 20, 2012

I do not use GUI clients as a general rule. But the only one I've actually thought was any good for a DVCS was SourceTree. I'm a hard-core Mercurial person myself. I show up in the commit log. :-) This tool works well for both though, and makes the fact that git has such an awful command line interface much less irritating.

I would like us to use it at work. We're currently using SmartGIT. But this tool is much better. Unfortunately, all my co-workers use Windows or Linux. :-)

0 votes
tiagocasemiro March 16, 2021
0 votes
Justin Israel March 2, 2017

The answer here is to definitely switch to SmartGit. It is completely cross platform and full featured. I get a consistent experience between work and home on different operating systems.

0 votes
Deleted user March 1, 2017

I will soon migrate from Mac to Linux... and I would love to continue using SourceTree in linux. Thanks

Justin Israel March 2, 2017

Switch to SmartGit lime I did. It's really full featured these days and is cross platform. I get the same experience at work on Linux as I do at home on OSX. 

0 votes
badlydrawnrob March 21, 2013

Congrats on getting SourceTree out on Windows!! One GUI to rule them all ;)

0 votes
Jesse Redl November 18, 2012

Just figured I would add my support to this product. There isn't a windows git gui tool that can compete with source tree.

0 votes
Francisc November 12, 2012

I did.

MikeL November 13, 2012

Then you surely have noticed that smartGit and SourceTree are nearly as good as the other. For me smartGit became a very good/better alternative to SourceTree, especially because smartGit can handle our SSH connections smoothly which I could not manage to get running with SourceTree (need to stick to local clones). The newest smartGit preview version also supports interactive rebase and a way to edit the index which I haven't found in SourceTree so far.

0 votes
Andreas Böhrnsen September 30, 2012

+1 :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events