SourceTree aborts merge

Christian Reiter June 1, 2014

Hi!

When I try to do a merge in SourceTree the following situation happens very often:

Usually I start the merge using the "Merge" toolbar button. I then get the text "Merge:" before my repository in the left hand side repository list:

If I then have conflicts I start resolving them and at some point while resolving my conflicts the "Merge: " label vanishes and SourceTree seems to no longer recognize that I'm doing a merge. If I commit from such a stage the history doesn't show that I've merged (no joint history lines) and I still have two independent branch histories.

Why is that?

Any help is greatly appreciated cause this is really annoying, especiall when dealing with big complicated merges.

Thanks,

Christian

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Reiter June 15, 2014

Hi Henrique!

I'm running SourceTree on Windows, so I think SRCTREE-2439 is not related to my situation.

Could it be, that an open NetBeans (or it's Git plugin) instance is the reason for loosing the merge state?

Best Regards,

Christian

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2014

Hi Christian,

Look into this issue, I've found this bug report that seems related to this issue, as you can see on the following link:

This bug is fixed on version 1.9.4 (for MAC OS X).

If you still facing this issue let me know which version you are using.

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Christian Reiter June 15, 2014

Hi Henrique!

I'm running SourceTree on Windows, so I think SRCTREE-2439 is not related to my situation.

Could it be, that an open NetBeans (or it's Git plugin) instance is the reason for loosing the merge state?

Best Regards,

Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events