Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Password Problem

Mike Koenig June 15, 2014

On a Mac I installed sourcetree and connected to a git repository. I can submit, push and pull just fine but every time it prompts me for my password. the git repository happens to be visual studio online. After I type my password the transaction happens just fine.

I can't find a setting to have it save my password informaiton so I do not have to type it in each time.

Exactly where in the mac client for sourcetree can I set the password?

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

I use windows, but I guess it is tin the same place on Mac too: Tools/Options/Authentication gives you a list of user/host/password trios. It probably asks repeatedly because a wrong password is stored.

Mike Koenig June 17, 2014

Sorry, but on the mac does not have that setting. Can anyone who has the mac version help out? Everything is working fine for our windows installations, but it has the problem on all of our mac versions.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

SourceTree for Mac should be trying to store passwords in the keychain. There have been other users who reported this in the past. Search this site for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events